Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Hello! I’m so glad submissions opened up again. I’ve been...

















Hello! I’m so glad submissions opened up again. I’ve been working on this piece for some time, and though I’m happy with how my bee-dog turned out, I can’t quite get the girl’s pose right. From top to bottom, here are the things I need help with:

  1. Expression: Her facial expression came out much more serene than I was trying for. I was going for excitement, for lack of a better word- she’s supposed to be having a great time.
  2. Arms/hands: As you can see from her left hand, I gave up on drawing it entirely. As for her right arm/hand, I tried drawing it further back (to give a sense of movement) but it didn’t look right.
  3. Legs: What even are legs?! These are clearly too short, but they also didn’t look right when I tried constructing the pose and lengthening them.
  4. Overall pose/clothing: Like I said above, I was going for more movement/whimsy in this pose and just didn’t get it. I want her to almost be skipping, I guess. She just comes off as very wooden/still here. Her clothing has the same problem- there’s no movement in it, and it really doesn’t make sense as I’ve constructed it. I tried to follow this blog’s advice on constructing a pose and then building the clothing over it, but I think I still need more practice.

I know this is a lot, so feel free to just focus on one of the above things! Also, if anyone has any advice on drawing backgrounds, I’m not sure where to even start.

Thank you so much!
-AraKina

Whew, this is a long one- but I hope it helps!! Thanks for submitting!

-mod goji (ko-fi)



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2ICtnrW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...