Saturday, February 23, 2019

Do you have anything for poses? I'm finding it super difficult right now to get poses down for my cartoon style. Thank you!

Cartoon poses are usually very loose and might not seem like they have a lot to do with “real life” drawings, but I still recommend getting started with the basics of human anatomy. Specifically, what you’re looking for is improving your Gesture Stats! 

Gesture is the movement within a pose in any given drawing - it’s an evaluation of how much motion you can convey, how well the entire drawing flows, and how well it balances out against other details. 

To improve gesture, I recommend drawing from life or photos of actual dynamic poses! There’s a lot of websites that help you, but the one I use most often is 

http://reference.sketchdaily.net/en/

It includes a huge variety of photos which you can organize based on need - dynamic, static, clothed or naked, etc… And you can also set a timer to try to practice drawing quickly in order to focus specifically on gesture instead of getting lost in the details. 

- Mod Chekhov



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2ThY9dP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...