Saturday, February 16, 2019

Hiya! I love this blog! So helpful! Here’s something I drew...





Hiya! I love this blog! So helpful! Here’s something I drew earlier. I’m actually pretty happy with it. But there’s a couple of things I’d like to ask about. 

Clothing, folds and such. I don’t think they’re too bad here but it’s something I’ve been working on recently. And anatomy, specifically hands, and his right arm and leg, something’s not quite right there I don’t think.. Any tips you might have on drawing hands holding things would be great too! But just hands (and feet, though I like how they look here, well, his left foot anyway) in general really would be great!

Thanks in advance! And I hope I’m not being too specific or something here ^^;

(original by @violet-fire-cat)

Hey, thanks for the submission!

I really like this, it’s a great style and it reads very natural overall.

Regarding the hands, I think there are probably plenty of tutorials on this out there, but you want to start with basically thinking of the hand as a box PLUS fingers. It’s a very complex part of anatomy, so you want to draw it first as simply as possible before linearting. 

The way you’ve got it now it’s basically acting as a mitten wrapping around something as a whole. But in reality, all fingers will have an individual, specialized bend to them to grip something better. 

- Mod Chekhov (Ko-Fi)



from The Redline Station http://bit.ly/2SFHrVS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...