Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Hello thanks for your precious help. I would like you to focus...





Hello thanks for your precious help. I would like you to focus on hands 😊 .

Redlined by Mod SugarQuill

Hi there! What a thoughtful and complex pose. I really appreciate that you’re putting in the work with hands! They can be really challenging.

Your hands here are actually done reasonably well. The fingers are going to be a bit longer than you have them here to match the proportion (I use the face). 

I tried this pose out in real life and used it as my reference. I found that my hands naturally curved at rest, so I implemented that here. If you notice, I’ve also made it so that her right hand is curling around the left wrist. Hands and fingers are seldom rimrod straight, and like to drape around things. I also like to make sure my fingers follow the same curve (see my guidelines on the bottom hand), and separate them out between knuckle bones –– there are three segments, called phalanges, to every finger.

Just as some general anatomy tips, I’ve also made some suggestions about how to add to the fluidity and gravity of the pose. The main takeaway here is to see how your weight will respond to sitting back on your haunches. I know that might sound nuts, but if you put a line of action on the pose, you’d see [the spine] going downwards, as everything rests on the rear end/back leg. What helps most with that is doing poses yourself to see how they feel, not just look.

Anyway, great job and happy trails!

–– Mod SugarQuill ⚡ ko-fi | Instagram

Comments from Mod Wackart

The leg stance is quite interesting, and actually took a lot of fidgeting about, so good on you for trying yourself with complex poses, really bold. 
What immediately jumped out at me was that the fingers in the piece are of equal length. If you look at the average human hand, you’ll see that the middle finger is the longest, of which the ring-and-index is ( -very roughly- based on your genetics, personally, my index is EXACTLY as long as my ring finger, but my roomie’s ring finger is about half a quarter of an inch shorter than their index ) equally as long, with the pinkie finger being the shortest. 

The fingers on the piece was also a little bit thin, so you might add just a bit more chunk to them, to make them more substantial. 

The pose is really interesting so once again, I harbour a lot of respect for you to tackle it, and you’ve done really well. 

–– Mod Wackart ( ko-fi )



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2TgXG7t
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...