Sunday, April 14, 2019

Hey, I'm wondering what sort of tablet I should buy? If I want to produce the best digital art, then is it a must to buy an expensive tablet with high pen pressure like the cintiq? Or is that not really necessary and i should just go for a cheaper tablet like the small intuos pro?

Hi anon! One thing I can say for sure is that you DO NOT have to buy a very expensive tablet, especially if you’re starting out. Get yourself a good, sturdy, and financially viable option. Trust me, you do not need anything fancy like the cintiq to start out!  

Personally, I started out with the Intuos small in 2015 (and I still use it today! Holy cow!) and it’s got MORE than enough pen pressure. The thing you want MOST in a beginning tablet is something reliable and won’t break on you in 1-2 years. 

Wacom kind of has this monopoly on the tablet market, if you couldn’t tell. The thing is, just like the iPhone works just as well as other phones that are half the price, the Cintiq is not all that different from other, cheaper tablets! You can buy from other brands, or if you’d like a wacom tablet, you can get the Intuos for pretty cheap if you shop second-hand. (I will say that a $20 tablet probably is not worth your money. The range of $70-90 is a pretty good price for a starter tablet)

There are so many comparable tablet brands on the market. I’m linking an article I found that is pretty thorough, so check Amazon or Youtube for reviews for them and pick the one you feel is right for you: https://tabletunderbudget.com/best-drawing-tablets/

-Mod Future :3



from The Redline Station http://bit.ly/2P6sNSA
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...