Friday, September 27, 2019

can you pleaaaase do a tut on how to do torsos on 3/4 angles every time i try to do i end up frustrated and every other construction method turns out wrong

Let’s talk about torsos! Of course, my first piece of advice is to study study study. Try searching for anatomy books at your library, or in an online database. I highly recommend getting some PDF files or actual print of these books to have on hand when you draw. Here are some recommendations:

George Bridgman’s Constructive Anatomy

Michael Hampton’s Figure Drawing Design and Invention

Glen Vilppu’s Basic Drawing Manual

“Anatomy for Sculptors” by Uldis Zarins with Sandis Kondrats

(Source: Michael Hampton “Figure Drawing Design and Invention”) 

Now I really like the box method, because a straight line is way easier to draw than a curved line (imo). However, all of these methods are pretty valid. 

Try to do a turnaround of your basic figure, keeping the proportions in line. Building on top of the basics is the easiest way to construct a figure:

Other than that, my advice is to - you guessed it - practice. My figures now look better than those a year ago, and yours will too. Keep at it, and you’ll grow in skill and consistency.

-Mod Future (ko-fi)



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2njxxdQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...