Sunday, October 13, 2019

Is it possible to commission one of the mods to critique my art?

You can! Although all the mods have different schedules, you will have to contact them directly for more information on if they’re available and how to do that. More info below! 

This is also a good time to talk about reaching out for critique and review! It’s a common practice to have someone from a potential school or workplace take a look at your work (if you just ask!) and let you know what you can improve on to apply there. It’s also a good idea to ask for opinions from artists you look up to and peers that you trust. Yes, even that popular artist is a person just like you, and if you just ask, most people will be happy to give you a tip or two. 

This is also why Portfolio Days are very good opportunities, if you want to become a career artist, because you can get many critiques from vastly different people, which can help you compare and contrast the different tastes of different schools, studios, etc.

Here’s the mod info!:

(Wackart)

I used to do a bit of mentoring with some startup-artists not long ago. The whole ordeal was centred around correspondence on art tips, piece critiques and one-on-one talk about where the ‘student’ wanted to take their art, and how they could potentially get there. The student had access to me at all times so that they could send a piece to me, or a question, and then have an answer in their hands ASAP.

If you want something a little simpler ( say: just a few single critiques, etc ) I’m sure we can figure something out, should you be interested. I’d gladly arrange it.

My strong suits: Storytelling / visual storytellingWorldbuildingStoryboarding / ThumbnailingCharacter design / Creature designStyle variation / forté: SemirealismArt theory + Design theoryComposition

Some of them are fundamentals I’ve obtained a diploma from back in ‘16 (The animation workshop’s: Drawing Academy) , others are all topics of which I will obtain my first degree this summer ( Through KADK’s game- and -interaction design).

If you want to see my professional portfolio and read my actual summary you can hop onto my official design portfolio here: https://wackart.info/

For more illustrative, fun-time leisure works here’s my DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/wackart

image

(Future)

Heyy, I’d feel comfortable providing critique. I’m definitely not up for mentorship, but I have a strong fundamental background. For you Americans, I’ve taken both AP Studio Art and 2D Design, and obviously I’m studying art in college right now. I’m more comfortable in critiquing technical work and the conceptual build of your breadth of work. Very artsy fartsy, I know. 

Here’s some of my old old work: http://catversary.weebly.com/

Here’s where to contact me: https://twitter.com/catversary (and tumblr messenger ofc)



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/35xIdXS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...