Thursday, June 25, 2020

When making fanart for a live action character, how do you color pick? I'm trying to make some Dark Crystal fanart rn, but I'm having trouble getting the right colors (because y'know live action characters are 3D and not flat images and stuff).

I did a small bit on deciphering colours from 3D models ( first half is probably irellevant to you, but the latter tackles your problem )
https://theredlinestation.tumblr.com/post/184418971163/how-do-you-get-the-right-colors-for-3d-characters

It’s very much something you might need to practice since it can be really difficult to find the right midtone in the reference material to colour pick from. Eyeballing it is unfortunately, probably your best shot, as far as i know.

- Mod wackart ( ko-fi )



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2NuS7Sr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...