Thursday, July 23, 2020

Hello! I was wondering, do you need to have like "architect knowledge" to draw buildings in a good way? (I'm asking this because, as you know, to draw, in a good way, a man you need to know anatomy and stuff. )

It depends what you mean by “ in a good way”. 

For me, a good way of drawing anything would be through having it look somewhat realistic enough to seem plausible, but abstract enough to add visual interest ( or portraying realism depending on what you wanna go for ). But that’s just cause of my preference in style. Far from an objective “good way”. 

I think; like with drawing humans, animals, or knowing what colours go well together. You will have a harder time drawing anything ‘good’ unless you know some kind of fundamentals. If you want to mix a good palette, you need to know your colour theory. If you want to draw a human, you need to have some kind of grasp on how the human body looks and works. 

Any and every subject you draw requires some kind of base knowledge about it to look good. Though, naturally, you don’t have to be a surgeon or a biologist to know how to draw a convincing body. 

Nor do I think that you need architect-levels of knowledge on buildings to be able to draw them well. 

What I do believe is that if you sit down and study architecture, you will inevitably learn some fundamentals that can help you conceive ideas and depictions of buildings that look more convincing. ( I am personally planning to look into these fundamentals of architecture to boost my building-skills for a comic project ). 

So just like anything else. 
No, you don’t need expert knowledge on something to draw it. 
Yes - you might need to study its fundamentals and basic build to draw it convincingly. 

image


from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/3fXThSZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...