Thursday, July 9, 2020

hi! This piece is just the lineart for a ask meme game I was...



hi! This piece is just the lineart for a ask meme game I was doing for my blog. However the anatomy, especially for the feet, legs, and shoulder, seem off. I was hoping to make the drawing look very floaty and ethereal

image

I gotta say, the pose you’ve picked it very floaty and ethereal! And It’s doing a great job of carrying that across. Since you wanted to focus on the leg, I mainly redlined that. 

Another thing which I did but did not mention - if you want floaty, make fluffy hair more fluffy. You did a great job on the hair behind her head, but this one hair at the front is a little bit out of place all on its own.

image

 I recommend adding more volume to the other side of her head. Steep curves are your friend!

In terms of aiming more for a feeling, if you are open to changing her clothing then in order to convey the atmosphere of floating, big, poofy and very loose clothes are your friend! Her dress now is relatively tight-fitting, which means it floats, but there’s a limit to how much movement you can reliably show. If there was a longer dress, or a more loose fabric, you can create tons of cool almost-wind-billowing effects with it! :) 

Hope that helped!

- Redlined by @thechekhov

(original by @ultraviollettt)



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/323CfPo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...