Friday, July 10, 2020

I got a problem, Ive got down with most of the fundamental basics and Gesture drawings and I want to add structure to it like a basic mannequin. Some how the torso is my main concern as I want to draw it any angle but the ribcage and pelvis always either be too far apart or bunched up. Not to mention making them look stiff and mechanical. Got any tips on making it more alive with having gesture and structure balancing each other? Thanks!

I made a post about how to do figure studies, balancing gesture and structure here: https://theredlinestation.tumblr.com/post/181026027751/yo-i-got-a-question-if-ya-dont-mind-i-see-lot-of

Additionally, here’s a good guideline to follow: From the head to the bottom of the pelvis, break it down into 3 equal sections. 

1 - Top to shoulder

2 - shoulder to bottom of rib cage

3 - bottom of rib cage to bottom of pelvis 

And that way you get the same space between your rib cage and pelvis. You can find other shorthands for this, such as: the pelvis shape is ½ the length of the rib cage. 

My best advice would be to train yourself like training different muscle groups. You don’t want to focus on BOTH your arms and legs when you’re at the gym because you’ll be overloaded. Likewise, when you’re doing studies, pick one thing to focus on: structure OR gesture. This way, you’ll absorb the information better and can combine them smoothly into your art. 

-Mod Future (ko-fi)



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2W5yi8S
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...