Monday, September 30, 2019

The way I draw glasses is to construct the face under it first,...



The way I draw glasses is to construct the face under it first, then drawing the glasses structure over it. That way, I don’t mess up the placement of the eyes, for example. 

Through finding photos and tutorials online, I have found that glasses have a more round shape than I first thought. This makes sense, since they have to sit on our faces, which are curved on a round head. 

As for tinting and shading the glasses, I usually use a multiply layer for the base color, lower the opacity, then add the reflective light either on an overlay or color dodge layer (if its super intense). If your program doesn’t have these features, you can still achieve the transparency of the glasses with a layer on lower opacity. 

Here’s a glasses tutorial by @normalbirb that I referenced: https://normalbirb.tumblr.com/post/178485242605/i-see-a-lot-of-tutorials-with-the-first-example-as

-Mod Future (ko-fi)



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2neaIZs
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...