Sunday, September 29, 2019

If you find you need practice reviewing the proportions of the...



If you find you need practice reviewing the proportions of the face, we have a ton of material on our blog if you search. Or, you can study photographs, references, etc. 

Here are some of the notes I’ve found helpful when establishing the proportions of the face. Cartooning is all about appeal, and it just so happens that more youthful characteristics are very appealing (which is why babies are so cute). Large round eyes and ears on a face can make a character more appealing. 

You can see that the latter faces break the rule of the first. This is because the eyes, nose, and mouth (landmarks) are no longer in direct human proportion. All the elements of the body will shift in response to the rest (i.e. you don’t want a realistic ear next to a manga eye). It’s up to you to find out how the things you’re drawing respond to themselves. 

-Mod Future (ko-fi)



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2os82I5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...