Friday, January 17, 2020

Hello!I am sorry the pencil sketch is a little hard to see, and...



Hello!
I am sorry the pencil sketch is a little hard to see, and the big round things are clouds

I need help on the anatomy of the right arm (on the blade) and painting characters in acrylic (specifically hair and skin in a kinda less realistic way)

Any mod is fine!

Thanks sm ily guys! =D

Submitted by saraahsapphire

Redlined by Mod Future

It’s a bit hard for me to show you how to use acrylics without actually using acrylics, but I will try. First - the redline. I did pay attention to your stylistic anatomy, and I made the head smaller to stay in proportion to the body. Pay attention to how thick the upper and lower arm is, and don’t let it taper towards the wrist - that’s how you end up with small hands. 

image

As for painting with acrylic, acrylics are really easy to use for more graphic styles, such as cartooning, because they are so opaque! You can lay down a flat base for your colors, and then add shadows and highlights - kind of like how some people make digital art! 

I would recommend working one color at a time. For example, doing all your skin tones first, so that you don’t have to re-mix paint (because you will never get the same color twice unless you work super hard at it). 

Here’s a process video by JacquelineDeLeon that shows how you can use acrylic paint in this way: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZe70ZlB28

I will also suggest that you do not use graphite pencil for your underdrawing! Graphite will smear, and it has a metallic sheen that may show through your painting that you don’t want. 

I would suggest using any of the following techniques:

- a thin wash of paint to draw your sketch

-a water-soluble pencil (any color) 

-charcoal or conte pencil 

Charcoal will work, but you may have to seal it with a spray fixative to avoid it from smearing as well. 

Here is a thread about different approaches to underdrawing: https://lachri.com/art-qa-which-pencils-are-best-for-sketching-out-your-painting/

Here is a video about using transfer paper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nV2lvKHQH0

-Mod Future (ko-fi)



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2R29FYG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...