Monday, June 29, 2020

Hey I have a small question! It happens that I have a cartoon style, so it has lots of shapes and I play with proportions when drawing. My problem is that whenever I use references to draw more complicated poses, the result ends up being too realistic for my liking. I don't trace over the reference image so I don't know how to make it so that the pose I drew looks more cartoon-ish. Sorry if that's confusing, but I hope you get what I mean.

Sounds like you might be subconsciously trying to apply real life rules into your toony style. Which can make for poses looking a little stiff. 

Mod Chekhov wrote a post about integrating realistic anatomy into toony styles. I recommend giving it a look. 

https://theredlinestation.tumblr.com/post/187563664034/hello-i-hope-its-okay-to-ask-this-if-no-one-has

- Mod wackart 



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/3eLNnUi
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...