Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Do you know any good, cheap alternatives to copic markers? Bc I sure ain't paying 50 bucks for a pack of like... 5-10 markers.

Mod Future here! You can definitely find a ton of alcohol marker brands in the market that won’t break the bank like Copics. I personally use Blick Studio markers, which are a mid-range type of marker. They are limited, and normally I would recommend going into the store to test out markers, but obviously that isn’t an option during a pandemic. 

In my personal opinion, there are some very good options for cheap, such as the popular Ohuhu markers. Copics’ “brand name” quality rises in their color selection, durability of the casing, and refillable/replacement parts which are also added durability. Many other marker brands lack ink refill bottles, BUT you can probably just refill them with any alcohol marker refill ink and it will work just as well (until the nib wears out). 

Blick Studio has refills for their greyscale markers, which are super cheap and I have used them for years, but obviously if you’re not doing greyscale renderings for product design or anything, you don’t really need them. Still, a good staple to have. 

You can find a ton of alcohol marker reviews on Youtube. Here are some of, what I feel, are the most informative ones:

This one is very good to start with. Jazza buys quite literally every brand of marker on the market and tests their ability, ranking them by their usability. 

Jazza “I Bought Every Marker!!” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z69Pjl_gEu8

In the follow up video, Jazza compares price points (price per marker) of the top markers. Pause the video and take notes if you want to see what might be affordable for you. 

Jazza “I Found the World’s Best Marker” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJKVU2xL8MY

Here’s another review from Kasey Golden.

Kasey Golden “Which Alcohol Marker is Best?”- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OG8RNbUt8c

I would recommend you buy a limited set from ANY brand if you’re new to the medium, because you may not use them after a while, and it would suck to have 100 markers that you never use. Make sure you know WHAT you’re getting before any purchase, and practice safe online shopping. 

(P.S. You can also wait for these things to go on sale. I bought a 24 pack of Blick Studio markers for only $10 on a Black Friday sale, so watch out for all those deals!!!) 

- Mod Future



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/2YBZJZj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...