Sunday, December 20, 2020

Hello! This is a commission piece I did and there’s just some parts that I couldn’t get right. I was...

image

Hello! This is a commission piece I did and there’s just some parts that I couldn’t get right.

I was focused mainly on the anatomy and that’s what I would like corrected :) I feel like the hands and legs just don’t look right and the overall anatomy on the character in white just bugs me

If I could get tips on the anatomy and maybe even the perspective on the cake that would be great!! Thank you so much!!

Any mod is okay!

submitted by @professor-sneaky

Redlined by Mod Future

This looks like a real welcoming picture! In this redline I will be focusing on the anatomy and the perspective of the cake. 

First for a quick pose pass: I always search up reference pictures, or take some myself if I can’t find them. Google, Bing, and other search engines should be utilized. I just searched up “two people holding a cake”, and these are the closest ones I found. 

image

So for this redline, I referenced the middle picture the most, and the other two are just for variation in posing. The biggest change I made was moving the pelvis/hips much higher. Because the cake blocked the way, I assume it messed with you a little, resulting in elongated torsos. To combat this, draw through your bodies all the way if they’re blocked by any props. 

In the new pose, I made sure the thumbs are visible, just like in my reference picture. This really helps add the sense of weight from the cake plate(?) they are holding. 

For the cake itself, I also referenced the picture! The original perspective was much too intense. We usually only get super tapered perspective when looking at large buildings or using a super wide camera lens. Just the slightest bit of tapering is enough to give us a 3D look. 

Thank you for submitting your work! I hope this was helpful :D

-Mod Future (ko-fi)



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/3pcd3ys
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...