Monday, July 6, 2020

I like to use 3D models to make my own poses but finding one that's proportionate to my art style is difficult so I tried the "selfie" method instead. And Idk if I did it wrong because the final result looked very "off" and I feel like it may be because I'm a 5'2" 290lbs woman who was trying to emulate a pose intended for a 5'11" 140lbs male character. So the limb and torso placements all seemed off, like the character was balancing for invisible weight that they didn't have.

You’d probably be right in the fact that the discrepancies between your own body and your characters could take a bit of abstract thinking when it comes to recreating your character after a reference of your own body. 

Typically, selfie-references require a bit more interpretational work since there’s probably no 1:1 comparison between you and your character.

I recommend that you keep practicing in drawing your character, and your fundamentals so that your brain can fill in the gaps from self-reference to your character in the future.

That and i will recommend Terrawell’s DesignDoll if you haven’t already tried it. it allows you to create a somewhat customizeable doll that’ll probably make the difference between reference and character a little less. 

https://terawell.net/terawell/?lang=en

- Mod wackart ( ko-fi



from The Redline Station https://ift.tt/38xZNwK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey fellas!So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been...

Hey fellas! So recently I’ve been trying to take on a more cartoon style when drawing. I’ve been doing my best to do more unique shilloue...